Saturday, November 20, 2010

How to avoid paying back a reenlistment bonus to change jobs!?

I reenlisted Indef back in December 2008. Orginally, I wanted to change my job then and still do. One of the jobs I wanted required putting in a Packet. I found out my packet wouldn't be accepted at that time back in October of 2008. So I reenlisted in my current MOS and PCS'ed to an overseas assignment.



Now, I found out that I should put in a Packet to be selected for the job and let them tell me No I am not accepted. This new information that I did not have before because of location and new info was provided by my contact.



The problem is, I recieved a significant bonus for my current MOS. I only have 1/3 left after taxes and I spent the other third. I want to put my Packet in for two different jobs that require a packet in order to be accepted.



They are not OCS or Warrant School. I wanted to know how to avoid paying back the bonus or I will give them the third I have left back. Its just I really want the other job and want to do something different. I do not think I will get another chance to try because one of career fields was not open to my rank at that time and the other should be put in because situations are always changing.



Its just 2/3's is a significant number to repay! I would like a strategy if possible.How to avoid paying back a reenlistment bonus to change jobs!?
Not gonna happen,



The only time you can change mos's without having to pay back part of a bonus,



is when the military request you change, because of a medical problem or your in an over manned mos.

No comments:

Post a Comment