Monday, November 22, 2010

How do I stop getting bored with each job I work as, and not keep wanting to change jobs every 6 months?

After working somewhere for about 1 yr max, I always have this urge to quit, take a short break and look for new ones. Mostly, I don't even have another job before I quit my present one. Any solutions?How do I stop getting bored with each job I work as, and not keep wanting to change jobs every 6 months?
I had the same problem and believe it or not - I signed up to work for a few temp services.



I got paid as much as being an employee, they offer health (major medical) and I worked as often as I chose!



I learned SOOOOO much and many new skills (on top of a fabulous resume anyway)...



I ended up being offered job after job to stay with companies I had temped at.



Then, all of the sudden, out of the blue, I fell in love with a company and have been happy ever since.



NO MORE SETTLING!!!How do I stop getting bored with each job I work as, and not keep wanting to change jobs every 6 months?
I have now decided to pursue Construction Management - 4 year degree - thats how well my new ';fit'; is. And I never saw it coming...good luck

Report Abuse


I feel for you. We are the same bird. I get bored very easily too. I now go through a temp agency. It's awesome because I can take the job or not. I can stay as long as I want. I can even go do the work when I want. It's great.
make your own bussiness. it works for me.



no boss.

no hours.

no dress code.

and you reserve the right to deny bussiness to anyone
Would you let me know which company you're quitting before you leave? And would you recommend me for your position? I can't believe you! Do you know how hard it is to find a job? And you get bored of it???
find a job of your passion.

the job you will look forward to every single morning.



then you wont get bored so easily.
I know this sounds silly - but are you doing something that you enjoy? Are you sure you are in the right career? It sounds like you are either not challenged by it or arent interested in the career path. Have you ever taken a career placement or career interest/aptitude assesment test? I know there are some online that may be of help. Maybe going back to school for a specific interest. If you do a yahoo search for free career aptitude tests it comes up with a lot. I hope that helps a little, sorry I dont have a magic answer but it sounds like you just haven't found the right job for you yet...
Find a job that's constantly changing something about it. Such as location, hours, people. If things are fresh you won't get bored.
Lucky you to have so many options. I cant find a job.



In regards to your question, think about what you really enjoy doing. Maybe none of these jobs have been right for you.



I am currently temping (because i cant find a job) and you can do something different every day and get to choose when you work. Maybe that would work for you. The problem is that it's too easy to say you cant work that day and end up not working full time.
Stop just looking for ';jobs'; and start pursuing a career--something you truly have a passion for. It could make all the difference for you.
  • less of clutered
  • How do I clean a suede duvet
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment