Monday, November 22, 2010

How can I get lending if I just changed jobs?

I work on commission. I worked for the same company for 4 years. I recently left that company and am now working for a company in the same industry. I am now making more money. But I have been turned down for a loan that I should easily qualify for. I was told even though I have been in the same industy for 4 years. I need to be at my new job for a minimun of 18 months. Is their a way around this? I would really like to be able to get into a home.How can I get lending if I just changed jobs?
Try another lender. I was always under the impression that as long as you had steady employment in the same industry over 2 years you were good to go. I think the lender you talked to is just being extra conservative. When my ex husband and I moved where we are now, he had changed jobs and only worked at the place he was for 6 mos and we had no problem getting a loan because our credit was good and he was in the same industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment