Saturday, November 20, 2010

Change jobs in Navy DEP?

Ok, so I just went to MEPS yesterday (fun fun fun) and had literally like 4 choices for jobs and very reluctantly signed as an IC. I have doubt this is a good rate, but I have absolutely NO experience or desire frankly to do this job. I know about completing DAR's and that is just a request, my question is has anyone actually filled out one of these recently and had success with it? How likely is it that this will get approved? I wanted CTI, but have to take the DLAB first.But just in case I don't pass, just wondering the success rate on these recently.



Thanks!Change jobs in Navy DEP?
I took the DLAB after being pressured and shoulda wait cause I missed by two points. The DLAB is very difficult, you can't study for it, and either you know the stuff on there or you don't. But you can change jobs during DEP. And you can also retake the DLAB after 6 months if you fail. I plan to do that and change jobs. And when you went to MEPS you just have to be a jerk to them and tell them what you want. It's ok to tell them no. They want you in there either way but they just want to do it as simpler as possible. I sat there for two hours trying to decide a job. He only had two for me to look at when I came in. I told him I wanted to see every job. And you can tell them how long you want to be enlisted and even the bonus. That's what I did. I pushed them around until I got what I wanted.Change jobs in Navy DEP?
GO TO LOCAL RECRUITER AND ASK
Once you get into a job field it almost takes God himself to intervene if you want it changed (been there done that). Go back and tell your recruiter that you will not ship if you do not get another job, you can get out of your enlistment until your report date.
hey is your future and time in the navy, you have the right to switch . go to your recruiter and tell him you want to switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment