Monday, November 22, 2010

How could unemployment benefits be affected if I change jobs?

I have been with the same employer for 5 years. My income (from tips) has recently been cut in half. I have some job security where I am now, but I feel it may be worth venturing off to another company where my income would go back to where it was. I have talked to employees from this potential new employer and they have confirmed the income I am seeking is consistent. My concern is over the job security of the potential new employer; furthermore, I am concerned over the ramifications this could have on my unemployment benefits if I get laid off or fired from the potential new employer.

So my question is: If I leave my current employer that I have worked for 5 years and get hired and then laid off from a new employer in less than a year, is there some loophole in the unemployment benefit system that could screw me? Or, could I just call Obama directly and get my own personal stimulus package?How could unemployment benefits be affected if I change jobs?
if you/ve been collecting and working,,i.e ,not declaring income,,,tips are income,,,,you'll get in deep doo doo if the unemployment folks get wise to this,,,,,unemployment bennies are based on 'base period earnings';,which cover a year and a half prior to the week you establish your claim,and the weekly benefit

is based on 80% of your weekly GROSS income earnings,a lot of people are on a federal extension,,,,finding another gig can be touchy,,,,if it doesn't work out,you have to do everything possible to ';dialogue' with the boss toward keeping the job,doing the job as agreed,this is the wage promised ( carry an operating voice recorder during meetings,etc),this is the job,etc,get whatever can be written up in the way of an agreement.if the new guy pays at least 80% of your ';customary wage'; in your usual occupation,and you have the skills to do the job,you have to take it,and the rules for collecting bennies would apply

if you quit,get laid off,or are cannedHow could unemployment benefits be affected if I change jobs?
You would not lose any benefits. You wouldn't qualify for any stimulus money packages under the obama stimulus simply because you don't support him. Me on the other hand love that stimulus money I'm getting of 985 bucks a month all tax free.
The problem with changing jobs in these times is that if thay

layoff at your new job you would most lickly be first to go.

What I would do is find a part time job to suplement my income

for the time being, if at all posable. Rember job stands for

JUST OVER BORAKE

Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment