Saturday, November 20, 2010

If I change jobs, what happens to the items I bought for the company?

I got a friend who will get me a job at Metro PCS since they make good money and I love working with phones insteading of doing telemarketing. However, I have bought some items for my current company. My boss wont pay those back but instead told me to wait until the end of the year when I pay taxes then go to a cpa then get tax deductions on those items. If I change jobs in few days, can I still go to the cpa at the end of the year to get those items deducted ? And how will a cpa know if I have those items now or not?If I change jobs, what happens to the items I bought for the company?
you can claim stuff for work on tax, but depending on amount spent (check with tax office) you will require reciepts!

Now if you can't supply reciepts, minor things you just have to let go, big things if you don't want to wait to claim and if you paid out of your own pocket for them then stipulate that to your old boss and that your taking them with you! As you paid for them and they are yours.If I change jobs, what happens to the items I bought for the company?
Yes, you can deduct employer unreimbursed expenses on your tax return. It doesn't matter if you still have the job at year end, as long as the items were purchased during the period of your employment. You will need to have itemized receipts to list what the expenses were for.

No comments:

Post a Comment