Monday, November 22, 2010

Have you ever quit or changed jobs because of your beliefs (or lack of)?

there are some really angry ppl (at least on our R%26amp;S) that think religion is shoved down there throats everyday in different areas of our lives...how about the work place? if so, have you ever changed or wanted to just quit and leave b/c of a religious aspect of your job?



also, believers--have you been convicted by your religion to change or quit your job?



just curious. Thanks to all! good day! :o)Have you ever quit or changed jobs because of your beliefs (or lack of)?
Not necessarily religious, but once I became more and more honest and started having a very high level of integrity - it became troublesome to 'sell just about anything to anyone'!



It seemed a blatant lie!Have you ever quit or changed jobs because of your beliefs (or lack of)?
Yes. I was fired because I would not sell people expensive things they did not need. I would only sell them what they could actually use. Doesn't work that way for some companies.



The best thing about it is that God provided for me. I was offered a job within 2 weeks that made $20,000 more a year. I've been with that job for 2 years. God takes care of His children.
I'm an atheist, one the best jobs I ever had was working for a jewish day camp teaching arts and crafts every summer while I was in college. Do you know that not once was I preached to or even looked down upon for my views. Other then that, religion has never come up for me in any work place I've been, so no I've never quit a job over it.
A friend of mine got fired because he stopped being a Catholic. Good job it was only a part time job.
My faith says that as soon as a female gets married, their first responsibility is to the husband and household... they may still work if they can keep everything else going... however once you have your first child you can no longer work, unless you can take the child with you. Your responsibility goes to caring for the child(ren). So after having my children I did have to leave the job that i was doing... I now do some baby sitting and teaching on the side... because I can take my children with me doing that.
Nope.



..But I used to sing in this church choir during my leisure time, and I really enjoyed it, because I absolutely LOVE singing, and I have quite a decent voice if I might say so myself. ;)



I was a Christian when I originally started attending practices, but as time passed by I went through a very gradual deconversion. In the beginning, because of it being gradual and somewhat unnoticeable at the time, I managed just fine, albeit with a *slight* bit of cognitive dissonance. After a bit more than a year, however, it started getting more difficult, and I felt as if I didn't fit in very well anymore.



Also, at that point, we changed conductors and got these two COMPLETE Jesus freaks. By all means, they were nice people. But still, they wanted us to sing ONLY Christian songs, nothing else. I felt like such a hypocrite, I just had to quit at that point. Even though I don't think I was actually an atheist at that point, more like a deist or something along the lines of that, but it still didn't work out.



I still miss aspects of that choir, like my friends and SOME of the songs we used to sing. Oh well.. Maybe someday I'll find another one.
Many years ago I quit a retail job due to a schedule that required me to work on Sundays (which made it difficult for me to attend my church). While I am not saying all people should not work on Sundays....I did quit for that reason....which is connected to religion.



I work for myself now, and have no complaints as to my religion in my profession.
Yes, I've changed jobs because I have a belief in considerate treatment on the job site. ie; not having to stand for 8 hours for example without being allowed to sit and rest your legs and back...

The more pain people are in because of their idiot bosses and company policies, the less productive they will be and can hardly wait to clock out. Religion was never an issue for me where I worked because people kept it to themselves.



The better the employees are treated and considered, the more productive they will be.
No but my wife did. She needed time off for an event through her church and they wouldn't give it to her, as someone else had already grabbed those vacation days. So she decided her religion was more important than her job and quit.
Yes, one job had to leave because one of my coworkers kept a drawer full of narcotics and her behavior proved to be under the influence and nonproductive. The other I left because the sales script was dishonest.

No comments:

Post a Comment