Monday, November 22, 2010

How can I ask my employer to change job positions without making it seem like...?

There are two cash registers where I work. I want to work on the other one, cause the one i usually work on requires me to go out into the lobby and clean tables and sweep. I do this everyday I work. I want to do something different- I just want to take the food orders.



How can I ask my boss to let me switch registers without making it seem like I'm whining about the work?How can I ask my employer to change job positions without making it seem like...?
Just tell him you prefer the other and if ever that job comes open you would like to switch.How can I ask my employer to change job positions without making it seem like...?
tell them you are interested in career advancement/ growth in the company and ask if what you want is an option!!!
It all depends on how long you have been there. It depends on your experience vs their experience.

It sounds like you are the newer person maybe?

If you feel like you are completely equal on running the cash register as the other person you could ask if you two could share this duty of taking car of the dining area.

But realistically, the newer people no matter how long it takes to move into a new position, gets more work, less desirable work.

Ask the person next to you if they ever worked your register, ask how long before they moved over to the other register, you may find they did it for longer than you have been doing it, so it would not be fair to get them to do it again. Keep in mind, what I have said here, if you do make it sound whiny no matter the words you use, you could be replaced, they would make up something to lessen your hours or replace you. Take care, the bottom doesnt feel good, but it is a job, the longer your there, the better it looks on your resume next time you look for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment