Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I change my bad attitude and make it better?

I get mad at the people that see me every day. I get mad at my staff and mad at the higher-ups that expect me to kiss their feet. Aside from changing jobs - which won't happen - how can I get on a positive side?How do I change my bad attitude and make it better?
Open Communication and Self-Assessment.





The biggest issue today in corporate america is that they do not have open communication with their peers and their supervisors. For example, if there's not communication that took place to define what your objectives/goals are, you might work for nothing. If your definition of good is different from your manager, it doesn't matter how hard you work, you'll never get that performance raise you were looking for and you'll just keep getting upset. Find ways to create an open dialogue to define what they are looking for and what you can do.





2nd, self-assessment....you can't change others...you can only change yourself and how you respond. Take a DISC profile test with your team and find out where you stand with your peers. By understanding each person's personality and focusing on each others strength, you can develop a stronger and a more effective team by communiating in a way that's efficient for everyone.





Also, play some sports or exercise to let out some steam....but make sure you get on a winning team so you don't create more stress for yourself.





good luckHow do I change my bad attitude and make it better?
You have to stop for 5 seconds and decide whether you are going to get mad again or just walk away. You are not hurting them anyway, you are only hurting yourself! Mentally %26amp; healthwise! Did you know every time you get mad your blood pressure rises and it takes a couple hours to return to normal? I'm not making that up! So you are causing your own heart stress! It's just not worth it! Everybody gets mad at there job, you are not the only one. We have to pick our battles, if it's worth getting mad over then that's one thing, but you can't afford to get mad at every little thing every day.... Find a happy place and keep it in the back of your mind, you can always escape to it! I'm sure there are some wonderful things in your life you could spend time thinking about instead of anger %26amp; stress!!!!


It has to come from within! It can't be all of them, well there may be some idiots for sure but, it has to be your own personal turmoil inside you have to tame. It wouldn't matter if you changed jobs you would still be the same after a while anyway..What are you so mad about anyway?
Well, you realizing it is a start.
Say ';Serenity now'; a lot
just think of something that makes u happy


or wear a color that makes u smile
cant its that time of month 4 u lmfao


ur pmsin
Get some poonanner.
ask your staff if you need to change,them make the changes but don't be to soft or youll never get any disapline
just calm down, find i fthere is anythng stressing you out, its a good possibility thats its stress, figure it out, then try to fix it
Maybe something is troubling you you should let it out but not on People When I was about 11 I was always yelling and being mean But I got into Karate and everything just flew away think of something that you can let it go without hurting anyone. P.S Karate is AWSOME!!
You have to decide to have a good attitude. It's surprising but going into work with the attitude that it's going to be a good day goes a long way. When you are negative from the start you psych your self out.
Try figuring out why you are angry w/these ppl. Anger is a secondary emotion. What is(are) the first(s)? Once you figure out this try to avoid or cope with your triggers. I hope this helps.


P.S. Also try talking to someone about your anger; this could help as well. Good luck:)
You can try to focus on what is bothering you , if its stress ( like everyone else has) take some time for yourself and find things to relieve your stress .
Life experience. Sooner or later you may discover that negative attitude surrounds one with negative people. Either you will fall in with the group that sees the world as unfair, or you will make friends with people who believe that they matter, and trust that people are searching for wholeness and meaning. People are social creatures for the most part. Remember this.


Don't try to always gain something by ';working hard enough'; or by ';force.'; There are ways to gain values by working together and communicating before acting. Look at your friends.....you shouldn't have to ask them ';why'; they are your friends. If you did...they would either laugh, or tell you what you already know. Think about the last time you felt bad for your actions towards one of them. Did you apologize? Did you learn from it?





Experience......it is always something you get, right after you need it. Cheesy line isn't it?
You need to have a change of mind and heart. I would ask God to help me to make a change in my attitude, to allow me to see that I have a job when many others don't, that I am able to work when others can't, that I have a good job in a warm place and don't have to get out and break my back like many men do...I would say thank you every day just for that. Also, every day be grateful that you were born in America and not in a country where there is war and starvation and diseases and where people are dying all around you. To me this is the most grateful thing I can think of...just to be born here is so much better than anything. I am thankful for that every day. Now when you do this everyday it begins to sink into your spirit...it is ok. I am not perfect, my boss is not perfect and no other person is either. I can't change anyone but me. I can't change anyone but me. I can change the way I react to the people around me. I can be a calmer more easy going person, I can let things go that I am not in control of and I can allow everyone else to make their own mistakes and I can make my own and try to make less of them than anyone. I can change my reaction to other people by being a happy face, by smiling by saying Hello! I can start to ask if I can be of any help even when I don't feel like it. I can do this because I am lucky, blessed and I am a good person trying to become a better one. Now if you keep getting angry and keep getting upset...please see a Dr. It may be a physical problem. Thyroid problems can sometimes make us hyped up, judgmental and have low tolerance. Other things can too. So, seeing a Dr. to make sure it's not physical and maybe he can help you out if it's your nerves or just plain stress. The number one problem today is stress and stress related problems that people have. Also, start taking a good multivitamin and mineral supplement every day. Eat well and drink lots of water. Buy some calcium and magnesium and take one of each every morning and every night. You can buy a bone supplement that has these together and a couple of other things and take that. You'd be surprised what low calcium and magnesium can make you feel like. Together they are calming and will allow you to relax and sleep better also. Calcium is absorbed when taken and then expelled so it has to be taken at least twice or you just don't get the use of it. Our body doesn't hold on to it. Also get Vit. D or spend at least 20 min. in the sun every day that it is out. We need that much to produce vitamin D. So, don't give up, do a few things to help yourself feel better...please, please don't


allow yourself to suffer like this. Pray, ask for strength and be grateful and really think about the things that you can change and those you can't. It should help some. I am sending prayers and love your way. Take good care. Miss Mary
why did u get mad at them?? is the reason reasonable enough to get mad..if u always feel angry, thats mean u have problem or something that u keep inside u...u have to let it go..share ur problems with someone so that u won't have to face it alone..


when u feel like scolding someone, tell urself to be more patient and learn to control ur emotion..goodluck to u..
focus on what the job allows you to do (pay your bills, have weekends off, etc.). focus on gratitude. let go of what these idiots are doing. realize that you are your own person and you can maintain your dignity and self respect in the work place. no one can take that from you. if they ask you to do something that is totally outside of your job description or against your belief system, just say ';no, i don't feel comfortable with that.'; if you're dealing with your staff and find them to be a bunch of incompetent loons, just realize that they are limited in their intelligence and work ethic and that you probably have choices regarding firing, hiring and discipline. be more proactive. make a list of the things that you CAN change and let go of the things you can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment