Monday, November 22, 2010

How do you know when its time to change jobs?

Co-workers are quitting and their jobs are gettiing dumped on several of us without salary increases or without us even being asked. We get maybe 1 hour of training on how to do new responsibilties and then co-workers quit. I have been at this job for 8.5 years located on East side but i live on West side.Given the gas prices what would u do?ps. Also single parent of 1How do you know when its time to change jobs?
if you are being given job duties outside of your job description, you need to request an increase in pay. it is not right or legal for an employer to insist that you increase your regular workload without incentive. i would recomment doing additional tasks if this is temporary. if it is a permanent thing, you need to take action or move on.



i went through this at one job. they ended up giving me 4 terminated employee's responsibilities and then got upset that i was not doing a sufficient job on all of them. keep in mind that my hours did not expand. you can't do a good job when there's not enough time.How do you know when its time to change jobs?
Don't quit until you can find another job that better suits you . Also 8.5yrs is a long time to just give up , if you walk away won't you be giving up vacation and sick time . But, on the other hand if your not happy then maybe another job is the answer . I don't know what the right answer should be but ,GOOD LUCK!!
are you ready for the type of job and salary in the market? if so , why wait? otherwise, this time is not as good as had been because of the shaking economy. it is better for you to open your eyes for better without making any noise with your present employer. you are not single have got responsibility for the kids too. good luck.
OK the time is when you dread getting up in the morning for a low wage job...and you feeling like I can do better than this for your beautiful child!I RESPECT YOU me was brought up in single parent family and me know how hard it is with all the responsobility! DON'T WORRY IT WILL ALL WORK OUT!

I Hope I Helped
Well, I would go to my supervisor and tell him/her how I felt about the extra work load. If the extra work isn't the issue as much as the money, I would let them know that you think you deserve more money now that you have extra responsibilities. Not that they don't know that already. But it will not hurt to ask.
Hone your interview skills, polish your resume and start shopping for a new job. Take a day off, schedule 2 or 3 interviews...worst case scenario, you got a day off and possibly a new job!
If at all possible you should have a job you love. If not then you

should look elsewhere for a new job.But get new job before you quit old job ! Good Luck to you !
Gas prices prices aside, I understand being a single parent. If they are flexible with your needs and it meets the bills, hold onto it. It's a hard job market right now.
Start looking for another job. When you wake up and dread going to work...when you find yourself saying i hate my job...it's time to go to the next job.
And this relates to marriage and divorce, how?

No comments:

Post a Comment