Saturday, November 20, 2010

Question about Changing Jobs and Health Insurance?

I am planning to change jobs soon. I am a senior level database administrator. The problem is that my daughter has chronic medical problems. Good health insurance coverage is not an option.



How do I find out if my new company's health insurance will be good and will not have a problem with this pre-existing condition ?



Thanks,Question about Changing Jobs and Health Insurance?
If you've had continuous coverage, HIPPA laws prevent them from not covering pre-existing conditions.Question about Changing Jobs and Health Insurance?
Find out the plan that you are moving to and call them. This can usually be accomplished by calling the HR Department and asking them to supply you with the name. If someone asks about the policy in my office, I give them a one page explanation that includes a phone number if they have questions. My company does not hold a pre existing condition against a person.



I think you can also access Cobra for a few months to fill in the gaps. You'll have to pay for it, but you should be able to use it as a bridge until your new insurance kicks in. In my company, there is a 30 day waiting period.
i guess easier way of finding this out will be calling the HR dept of the new company you are going to work for and get the detail health insurance information. and to double check, call the insurance company and your daughter's medical personnels up and have them verify the insurance benefit for you.
Before you will except the offer for your new position, ask question about medical insurance, ask for policy copy and you will know. Usually if company insurance, they don't care about pre-existing condition. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment