Monday, November 22, 2010

Change jobs in the AF DEP?

I'm currently have a guaranteed job in Securtiy Forces however after talking to many airmen in this job, I dont think this is the job for me. My recruiter says this is impossible but I kinda know how recruiters work and I do feel bad because I know its not an easy thing to do. I really don't want to be a pain in the *** and I love the air force! but this is my career and on top of serving my country I want to get the most out of my air force career as possible. who do I have to talk to? how do I get the ';real'; answers and not the recruiter answers? I know they only want people who really want to be there, but I do! Could this happen? Im a highly qualified applicant do I have any options? HELPChange jobs in the AF DEP?
You can definitely get your AFSC changed before you go to basic and sometimes you can even get it changed while in basic. Unless you really want to use the SF job to become a cop on the outside of just really like working long and I mean long hours 16+. I would suggest changing it asap. I was in for 8 years and got ';voluntold'; that I was going to be a SF Augmenteeand we worked for 38 straight days and the shortest shift I ever worked was 12 1/2 hours. And nothing against anyone that is in SF but that is usually the job they put people in that flunk out of their AFSC in Tech School. So if your recruiter is telling you no then go find another recruiter. Plus I would suggest getting an AFSC that you can use on the outside (Air traffic control, medical, computers).Change jobs in the AF DEP?
You have to go thru your recruiter, only MEPS can change your job.



But with the situation the AF is in now,



They could very well just tell you, take SF or take a walk.



Because, who is to say, if they went and changed your job, changed your ship date, for the new job,



You wouldn't just decide, you wanted to change that job in the future.



And no one is gonna play that game.
My friend is an Airman in Security Forces Tech School @ Lackland AFB right now...he loves it at the moment...from the Security Forces ';Defensor Fortis'; beret to the ABU's (Airman Battle Uniform) and shooting M16's...it's not for everyone, that is true



It was your decision to join the Air Force therefore it should be YOUR decision as to what your MOS is...your Air Force conferencer should've offered you 3 specialties...at least that's how my MEPS visit worked for the Navy



Ignore your Recruiter's complaints if he gives any...(he/she shouldn't) this is YOUR service and decision...be blunt and be serious and they should be able to get it down



Good luck, future Airman

No comments:

Post a Comment