Saturday, November 20, 2010

HELP - Why am I so scared to change part-time jobs?

I'm 15 years old and have worked at my current job for over a year. But now a days the managers seen to be mistreating me (not giving me any hours, etc..) and I feel past my prime. I want a change of scenery so last night I picked up an application for a place that I'm excited to work at, but for some reason I can't convince myself to change jobs... maybe because I feel to comfortable or to safe. I like my co workers there, but want some change. Please help. What should I do? How can I convince myself the move on?? =(HELP - Why am I so scared to change part-time jobs?
You're too young to be sad at a job. If you have a job lined up that you like and the pay is the same... go for it! :) You are having a problem quiting because you feel comfortable, but it's good to get out of your comfort zone! Good luck!!HELP - Why am I so scared to change part-time jobs?
It might be less scary if you interviewed at the other job first. You can ask questions to learn more about the other job and people there. Then you can decide if you still want the job.



With the economy the way it is, it is possible this other place is having the same problem with hours.



Be sure you have the other job before giving notice from your current job.
all you can do is give the new job a shot or stay where you are at and realize you missed out.
Well, its change. Everyone has a hard time with change. Your totally right, your in your comfort zone. It's really hard to branch off from the norm.



So, your only 15? here's the kicker, are you planning on doing that job for the rest of your life? that's a VERY long working career because you started thinking about your coworkers. I'm 30 years old and have had 12 different jobs (maybe more).



The sooner you can embrace change, the easier it will be to get over it. This is a great opportunity to venture out because you'll always be changing jobs. BUT, you might want to stay at the job for a little longer. With this recession stuff going on. Unless you have a 100% chance of getting that other job. Then just hold off until then.



Hope This Helps

No comments:

Post a Comment