Saturday, November 20, 2010

Should I change jobs now, or wait until the job market gets better?

I currently make $42000 with no benefits (no insurance or paid time off). I have a job offer for $30k with full benefits. I'm not sure if now is a good time to change jobs b/c of the market companies are paying less. Is it worth it to go backwards in salary for an increase in salary? How much of my bi-weekly pay will I actually lose. Won't making less will probably put me in a lower tax bracket?Should I change jobs now, or wait until the job market gets better?
You will pay about 2% less in gross taxes on the lower pay in your new tax bracket. That is not much of a reason to switch.

And you shouldn't switch just because of benefits.

You should switch if you know this is the right time for you. And there is always the chance that your current company could be bought out by someone else and 50% of the workers laid off. Then you would wish that you had followed your heart and taken the $30K job..Should I change jobs now, or wait until the job market gets better?
it doesn't really make sense to change jobs with a lower salary, unless that position is something that you will enjoy doing, especially with a $12k difference !!!
  • web hosting servers
  • kind of career path
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment