Monday, November 22, 2010

Why do I want to change jobs questions on interview?

I quit a permanent job and started this temp job this week. I realized is not what I thought the job would be like originally. I was aware there would be data entry but I didn't realized that 70% of the job is administrative (do filing, data entry, get materials for people, put back materials into storage room) and 30% is technical. At that time I wanted to leave my company really badly and this was a government job that's why I took it and plus my grandfather was dying so my mood wasn't good. Now I realized it would be a waste of my ability to stay in the job. My question is if I get interviews how do I tell them why I want to quit when I just started the job this week?Why do I want to change jobs questions on interview?
You can say that you are leaving your job because there are no opportunities for growth/advancement.



Here are some sample answers you could use:



I found myself bored with the work and looking for more challenges.



There isn't room for growth with my current employer and I'm ready to move on to a new challenge.



I am interested in a job with more responsibility, and I am very ready for a new challenge.



I am seeking a position with a stable company with room for growth and opportunity for advancement.



This position seemed like an excellent match for my skills and experience and I am not able to fully utilize them in my present job.



I am interested in a new challenge and an opportunity to use my technical skills and experience in a different capacity than I have in the past.



Good luck in your search for a new job!Why do I want to change jobs questions on interview?
If you manage to get an interview for your ';next'; job...just make sure you secure it before quitting the one you just got.

How do you quit the one you just got? You go to your boss and tell him or her that you don't like this job all that much, and that you're actively looking for another. That way they will start interviewing more people for your job, and fill it right away when you leave. Believe me, they will appreciate your honesty, instead of just quitting and leaving them without someone to fill your position.

Yeah, it might be awkward to tell them, so just wait until you're 100% positive you have the next job. Then tell those people you have to give proper notice before you can start the new job.

If they don't understand that: then I'm not so sure you want to be working for them.

My point is : it's never a good idea to burn your bridges behind you.
  • celebrity hair
  • things for teenagers to do
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment