Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I change jobs? Real answers please?

I am 54 and want to change jobs. My job now is sooo boring (do nothing 7 out of 8 hours). I have interviewed and thought it went faily well but no offer. I have an AS in business, have worked in outside sales, inside sales, paved roads, worked in a credit union, done customer service, was a gate and ramp agent at the airport, cleaned, started and managed 2 businesses.

I like to learn and enjoy travel and doing different things. I am not stupid, can learn anything. I am average build and average looks.

How can I obtain a position that will be challenging, diverse and pays half way decient?How do I change jobs? Real answers please?
I decided a few years ago, that working for someone else held no future for me. So, I went into sales. While, I found it rewarding, it just wasn't the same thing as owning your own business. So, I bought a home-based franchise from a travel company. Now, I'm building my own organization and creating long-term residual income in an effort to work smart instead of hard. Sure, getting it off the ground is hard, but once I get to that point where my organization has a life of its own, I'll be able to sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labor instead of busting my rear just to get one more sale to pay the mortgage.



So, I guess my advice to you is to look into starting your own business. If you don't want to invest a lot of money and you are serious about liking to travel, click on my name and drop me an email and I'll send you some information.



Good Luck!How do I change jobs? Real answers please?
Write up a good resume with the job title that you want and post it on www.Monster.com
Put your resume on monster.com and careerbuilder.com and any other employment website that you have knowledge of. Apply for as many jobs that seem interesting to you.



Another option could be to just quit your current job and talk with a temp agency about a consulting opportunity. These can be fun, not as boring and you can always try something new as well.
Hi.. Hundreds of market research companies use online surveys to learn exactly what consumers want. And they're willing to pay top dollars for your opinion!

Global test market provides you with the latest, best paying survey offers from over 300 market research companies. Let us do the work for you. We locate the companies that are doing research, and then bring their survey offers to qualified people like you! This is a NO COST, NO RISK opportunity for you to make money.



$5 to $100 for each online survey!

$20 per hour to preview new movies!

$75 to $150 to participate in focus groups!

$20 per taste test!





http://learnonlinejobs.10gbfreehost.com
Have a good attitude, get a solid resume together - you might try tailoring your resume for each type of job you go after since ';cleaning'; might not help you get a job working in 'inside sales'. You have tons of experience so there's no reason not to hire you other than personality/energy - which actually are a huge part of the process as I see from my experience.



The job is boring - is that affecting you when you're not at work? I hope you haven't started to associate ';work'; with ';boredom'; Remember to be excited to work and to apply for work - not ';I'm going through the motions, I'm older, I know it all, I've been through this.'; That's sort of drabby. You should be excited and very confident if you've done it before - but not bored.



And as far as looking for the job - how are you looking so far? Newspapers? Help Wanted signs? You absolutely must look online today - every major company is advertising for help online. And I would also just decide in what capacity I want to work regardless of what I think is available - I would pin down a few companies and I would make calls or visits or send carefully crafted emails to find out if they're looking.



Here's a link of the biggest online job sites for you:

http://www.businessviking.com/2008/05/lo



Kudos for going after more fun.

Good Luck.

http://www.BusinessViking.com
Why not go into business for yourself? Someone with your diverse history would do well. Perhaps a business on the Internet? With your experience, I think a blog would be great for you. You get to share your vast knowledge on topics you choose, and you would have the freedom to travel. You would have to work hard to begin with to bring in enough users to make it worth your while, so perhaps you should start it while you are still employed at your current job. www.blogger.com is a good website to start with. Also check out the Blogging for Dummies book and follow up with ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income. But I also liked this humorous, real-life guide to blogging: http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2005/2/7/1
Ever consider real estate? Since your post is asking for help I think it would be ok to ask you to visit my career site at http://myexitbusiness.com

I work for EXIT Realty and we are hiring nationwide. I can tell you everything about the company and put you in touch with a local broker who could help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment