Monday, November 22, 2010

CAREER ADVICE: Is this a good time to change careers?

I know the economy is bad, and I do have family concerns (small children) but I'm at a crossroads. I'm in a stable field (Education) happy where I am, but there are several positions available at an institute of higher learning I'd love to apply for. I've longed to top out at a college. But...starting over scares me, and the fact we need stability at home. But these opportunities may not be available for years again.

Has anyone else changed jobs in the middle of a struggling economy AND if so, how did you deal with family matters?CAREER ADVICE: Is this a good time to change careers?
I would suggesst doing both, stay where you are, and do school on a part time bases if possible. Even do school on-line. I wish you luck, and times are tough.CAREER ADVICE: Is this a good time to change careers?
I would agree with Rachel - if you can, keep your current teaching job, and see to teach part time at the higher level so you can feel out the university.
  • how to break up with a girlfriend
  • black ish powder
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment