Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I have been offered another job now my current job is asking me how much to stay is it worth it?

My current job is very stressful as a charge nurse to change jobs I will be getting the same pay same hours just doing a little different work. My problem is that my husband is disabled and I provide for us we need more money but will money make me happy? I ask my husband and he just wants me to be happy.I have been offered another job now my current job is asking me how much to stay is it worth it?
I just had a similiar issues... Really what it boils down too is your not happy and you can pretend but the next little thing that happens whos to say your not going to just blow up you know..I went and took the new job even though they counter offered usually when company's counter offer its not a good thing... either they are having a high turn over rate or just want to keep you around to train your replacement...They might skip you on your next raise due to your increase. You want to think think the best but who really knows whats going to happen you went and looked for a job soo you definitely want a new one. I hate starting new jobs too you dont know what to expect will it be the same will i figure it out but sometimes a challenge is exciting.:)



Good luckI have been offered another job now my current job is asking me how much to stay is it worth it?
You said you would be getting the same pay/same hours either way right?



I'm confused.



Is your current job offering you MORE to stay? Then STAY! Money doesn't equal happiness, but if you are the provider for the family, then you need to take the opportunity to make more money...for your future.
Human Resource experts recommend NOT to accept a counter offer by a current employer.

The theory is that your current employer may feel like your are holding them hostage to a higher salary and you may in the future threaten to resign again.

Your current employer might go behind your back and look to hire a cheaper replacement then fire you.

No comments:

Post a Comment