Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What to do when an old job offer that I turn down call me back?

I used to get a job offer from company A while I was working for company B. Upon knowing I am leaving, company B offer me more money to stay. I really need that money because I just make a big purchase so I stay. Though it pays good, job at company B doesn't excite me if not boring for me. Now company A called me back and asking how I am doing. I think they want to know if I am still interested. What should I do? If I have to change job, it has to match the pay that I am making right now.What to do when an old job offer that I turn down call me back?
I think you should start negotiating with A. Why equal money anyway? If A is more challenging and has more responsibility, then the pay should be higher. Ask for what you want and let them counter offer...



How long has it been since the first pass? Do not jump too soon as it would not be a good indicator of stability. If it has been 6 months or so...go with it if you are sure company A is stable and has the work and overall income to stay in business.What to do when an old job offer that I turn down call me back?
YOU KNOW THE ANSWER--MAKE IT.
You're in control of the situation by naming your price. Personally, I would rather take the job that is more interesting.
I'm in this same situation........except the raise they bribed me with never happened, I'm going with company A

No comments:

Post a Comment