Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Can I get a replacement w2 from the IRS or do I have to wait for my employer to get if for me?

I need it for the 2007 year, my former employer says that it will be mailed to my address that they have. I have moved since changing jobs and no longer have access to the mail at the old address. After they have been mailed, I can get a replacement mailed to my current address from my former employer for a 10.00 replacement fee. But I don't know how long thats going to take.Can I get a replacement w2 from the IRS or do I have to wait for my employer to get if for me?
You should get the W2 from your employer. The $10 fee is annoying but pales in comparison with the headache of trying to wrangle anything out of the IRS. You'll save yourself time and money by simply biting the bullet and paying the employer's fee.Can I get a replacement w2 from the IRS or do I have to wait for my employer to get if for me?
i didnt even need a hard copy...my employer emailed me a scanned copy of my w-2 form, which did the trick.

try asking him 2 email u a copy.

then i emailed the w-2 2 my tax preparer guy..n took a nap!

have patience waiting for the hard copy, u have time on ur side, it will eventually come.
Just give your former employer your new address. They are required to mail it to the most recent address that you have on file.



You can also put in a change of address form with the Post Office and it will be forwarded to you automatically.
How about giving your employer your new address? I think that would solve a lot of your problems. Your old employer isn't going to be mailing your W-2's until the end of January. That means that you have plenty of time to give them the updated information. There is no reason, that I can think of, as to why they won't send your W-2's to your new address.



Also, do you live near your old employer? Maybe you can go pick them up yourself.
You will have to wait for what your employer sends you. It is not required until the end of January IRS will not have the information available until July or August.
  • cream for dry skin
  • hair of the dog
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment