Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Have you ever asked the doctor to change your medicine because of the price?

I am taking Lexapro and without the insurance, this medicine costs $80 a month. I am about to change jobs and I will be without insurance for three months. I live by myself and I can't afford this without my insurance. I have a doctor's appointment today and I was going to ask the doctor if they would switch me to something I could afford without the insurance. I have to have my medicine. It is amazing how much better I can cope with things with it. But I want to go back to Lexapro when I get my insurance again. Do doctors get asked this sort of thing alot? Do they care to do this?Have you ever asked the doctor to change your medicine because of the price?
Actually when I go over a patient's med list I look for any that I can replace with a cheaper one, especially if they mention a concern about cost. Your doctor should be happy to do this for you.

Celexa (citalopram) is basically the same medication as Lexapro and is on the $4 list at any major pharmacy. Ask your doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment