Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How can I spruce up my job resume?

I am thinking of changing jobs and want my resume to look as dynamic as possible. Any suggestions on how to create a resume that will blow away the competition? I am an older candidate (40 +) with 25 years experience in administration and office support. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.How can I spruce up my job resume?
The top section is the most important. Often, hiring managers will read this section and scan the rest. So, don't get bogged down in details and instead highlight your most important accomplishments.How can I spruce up my job resume?
Most resumes are generic as people believe that staying broad will allow them to apply to a myriad of positions and that they will look attractive to a greater number of positions. This is a myth. Employers want specific evidence that you will be effective at the position immediately. They need to see details that describe your skills so they can compare those to the tasks that the job entails. They need to see details that describe your optimal working environment, to compare it to their own. They need to see that you have been motivated by the types of people with whom you would be working in their organization. Finally, they need to see that you understand the lifestyle implications of their type of work through the details of past choices. If you do provide evidence in these four areas -- using numbers etc. -- you will differntiate your resume immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment