Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Changing jobs because of extremely stressful conditions after 17 yrs of employment?

I had planned on working at least another 5 yrs. where I am and poss. retire @ age 56. Our company has lost 4 employees over the last 2 years and not replaced them. They have added their duties to the rest of us. Every week more duties are added. I am working as hard and fast as I can and I find myself in tears @ least twice a week. I am feeling terrible resentment, anger. I am a very hard worker and do not miss work, but more and more we are treated badly, no lunch, work late, no overtime. I feel I have no voice. I have been offered a job making same money, will have to work 5 days a week, instead of 4, less vacation, satrting over...4weeks down to 2 weeks, a 401K that they will contribute to, which I don't have now, very relaxed office, low stress job,never work over, get our lunch time. I guess I am just nervous about the change. I also dread telling my employer after 17 yrs. How do you tell them? and do I have to give much detail? Please give any advice you can. Yea or Nay? Thanks.Changing jobs because of extremely stressful conditions after 17 yrs of employment?
All you should do is write a nice letter of resignation. The letter should not contain why you are leaving, but advise them of your last day of employment and request that they accept the letter of resignation. Like they can reject it! Thank them for the opportunity, regardless of how you feel right now. If they inquire during a private meeting, again it should be private, you can tell them that this opportunity presented itself and it seems to be a good match. Do not burn bridges. They may try to entice you with the time off, but in reality you lose it with the overtime and missed lunches, not to mention the stress. There is stress at every job, but crying twice a week is unreasonable.



The 401k makes this job better pay. Make no mistake about it! And think about the timing, you will be purchasing stocks at a low price so a few years down the road when the economy recovers you should realize a nice gain.



Best wishes.Changing jobs because of extremely stressful conditions after 17 yrs of employment?
you have a full time job and are complaining. ill take your job. im unemployed and dont get it when people whine about their full time job. there are 5 million people who will be happy to take your job.

shame on you
  • excel
  • set up a private
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment