Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How do you get out of depressive patterns?

I have had depression for 5 months and have no idea how to get out of it now as it has just gone on for too long, qand i no longer have the energy to fight it, i am depressed since returning from overseas and it i sbecause i wasnt ready to come home and am back living at home in this small town with my parents, i hate it and never intended to stay for so long, now it i am just so depressed i have no energy to make any changes, adn cant see anything changing as if it hasnt changed in 5 months why would it change now, it is too late, any chagne that i make is not going to help me now. I just cant keep living like this but i dont know how to get better..........i have lost all my friends so moving out means being alone, i need to change jobs but i 'm barely able to go to interviews, i just dont know how to get out of this.....can anyone help me? I hate who i have becomeHow do you get out of depressive patterns?
You get out of depression with medications and psychotherapy or psychotherapy and medications.



Didn't you already know this answer? So why are you waiting? If you could fix this by yourself, you would have done so already. You're free to look for help from someone other than a psychologist or psychiatrist if you want, to pull yourself up by your bootstraps if you don't believe in physics, but it will be an even further waste of time.



Go see a mental health professional. That's the best way out of this.How do you get out of depressive patterns?
talk to me my friend dogmicjoe@yahoo.com. hang on call 1800 lifenet and go for a walk.
i was depressed for the entire year last year exactly for the same reason that you mentioned. I came home from living overseas and i had difficulty adjusting to life back home with my parents. i didn't even have the energy to get out of bed. I sought a psychiatrist, and basically, she gave me some pills to help with the depression and told me to exercise everyday and try to do something meaningful with my time. I volunteered, exercised, and after some time my life had its meaning again. after six months i am now able to do jobhunting, and in no time I was swamped again with job offers. I am now leaving abroad again for another job assignment. my advice is, take your time, do things a day at a time, even if your goal for that day would be merely to shower, make sure you showered. try to volunteer once a week, being exposed to activities and different people will help you to forget about depression. Exercise, eat healthy, so when your body releases endorphins it would help releive your depression, plus having a nice body will boost your self-esteem and confidence. Try applying for all sorts of jobs, even if it is not your field, and just go to the interview for the fun of it, not necessarily to accept the job offer. You will find that once you are aware of your market value, your self-esteem with develop, and you will practice your interviewing skills. Lastly, go to a psychiatrist, try to meditate, go to church, find God and try to talk to a minister or someone to help you get through this. I suggest go talk to a lot of different people, the variety of their insights and advice would help. You can do this!
There is a standard 'think good about yourself

and be happy' program that is well known . I think it

will cure social anxiety for only a while . There is also social force to be considered .

The majority use a very specific vocabulary and combinations of words and different types of 'greetings' in public. The greeting is the most important secret step to learn.

If you have never learned this anxiety is sure to follow . Depression is caused by a bad expectations or beliefs that is erased by the brain. The chemicals then released are serious if not treated with endorphins.

Find one friend who is an outsider like yourself to help you start learning and see what you are missing.
Seek medical help. You report that you have returned from overseas; but, you don't give any details as to why you were there. If you were in the military, benefits are available through the VA for you to have psychological/psychiatric counseling. My daughter was in the military for eight years before opting out. Her husband was out of work, she took a job she didn't like, had a two-year old child, thought she was expected to ';bring home the bacon';, take care of the child and husband, and provide financial and emotional security for both. She had no medical insurance. She finally admitted to herself that she could not ';handle'; everything by herself. She went to a VA hospital, was diagnosed with severe depression, prescribed medication (free of charge through the VA), and began her recovery. She went to college, received a teaching degree, and state certification as a teacher; and, has just completed her first year as a Middle School Language Arts teacher. Today, she signed a contract to teach in the same school for another year.



At the age of 50, I was diagnosed with severe anxiety and depression, with homicidal tendencies. My behavior had become bizarre and unpredictable. I was also drinking heavily, thinking that would assuage my anger, fear, anxiety, and loss of control over my personal life. Thankfully, at that time in my life I was employed by a big corporation and had great medical benefits; and, I also recognized I needed help. Via a psychological evaluation, with a referral to a psychiatrist, I was given medication to address my issues. After four years of counseling and medication, and support from my family, I again felt I had some control over my life--not complete control: No one has ';complete'; control.



You are aware your life is not what you would like it to be. Please seek help. The Mental Health Association of America has a crisis line at 1-800-273-TALK. I, personally, have not used this service; but, consider calling them.
any sort of depression can be tide over by faith in GOD and sincere prayer.



Your prayer is from your heart. Further You must have to understood the fact that God is present in our heart. This can be realised in meditation. Further we are the creation of our own destiny. As per Hindu sacred religion, we carry all good and bad deeds life after life. There is no end unless we pray for unification of self with the divineliness.

Hence there is always a possible way to complete mergence with God in this life by a simple and wonderful meditation
sallyjane..it's always darkest before the dawn.

you are worthwhile human being who deserves happiess.

it seems as though you left something overseas that you weren't ready to..and you feel trapped in a small town .

although it's been 5 moths of hell for you...

you will not feel like this forever.

start bytaking small steps...make small accomplishments each day.

do not look at the whole picture..because you are getting overwhelmed and that feeling of being overwhelmed is keeping you trapped in the depression.

set a small goal for yourself each day..and meet that goal and accomplish that goal.

we all have to learn how to walk before we can run.



here's a list of goals for you:



goal 1:

start working on your resume so you will be able to change jobs.



goal 2:

start going on worthwhile interviews.



goal3:

get that new job



goal4:

make new friends



goal5:

your life will have started to change for the better.



it's up to you..get out there and reach for the better life you deserve.



with hope..everything is possible.

God Bless %26amp; take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment