Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How long for new benefits to kick in?

My husband changed jobs a couple of months ago. They said that he is eligible for benifits a couple of days ago. We already did all of the paperwork for the health insurance. How lond does it usually take for them to get everything done. I need to go to my first pregnancy appointment and the benefits department is not calling my husband back.



Thanks!How long for new benefits to kick in?
Usually you have to wait until the 1st of the following month. I just got health insurance threw my work. I filled out the paperwork last week but have to wait until Aug 1 before it will kick in. Dont worry about ';having'; to go in right away for your 1st prenatal (unless theres reason to worry)... most doctors (atleast the ones by my house) wont even see you until you are around 12 weeks anyways. Best of luck!How long for new benefits to kick in?
Usually you have to wait until the 1st of the following month you're eligible. So that would mean they wouldn't kick in until the first of August. If you can't get ahold of the benefits people (I know how that is, best to go in person if you can, but mine was in a different city than my office), you could always call the insurance company %26amp; ask if you're in the system yet. If you are, request a card if they've not yet sent one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment