Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How do I go about garnishing a person after winning a judgment?

Hiya,

I had a small claims case that went in my favor a few years ago in Idaho Falls, ID(Bonneville County). First of all, how long do I have to start a garnishment, and secondly, how do I go about doing it? I don't have any information on the person I am to be garnishing. I have a first and last name and that's it. Since the judgement, she has changed jobs(I'm just assuming, she may be unemployed now) - she doesn't work at the same company she was at the time, moved to a different town, and based Facebook, looks like the last name changed as well(again, just assuming). But any suggestions and info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!How do I go about garnishing a person after winning a judgment?
collecting a judgment is the hardest part of the process...you have to find out where she works, and go to the sheriffs office and make a request for garnishment of wages.

No comments:

Post a Comment