Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How can I find out for sure if I have a traffic warrant?

The ticket happened 2-3 years ago. I was in the middle of changing jobs and moving across the country and simply forgot about it.



I've already called the court. They say they have no record of it. I suppose I ought to be content with their incompetence, but I'm going to be traveling out of the country and don't want to be detained on my return. Is there any kind of database (even a pay one) I can check to be sure?How can I find out for sure if I have a traffic warrant?
If the court has no record of it then they've either lost it (and may find it later) or it doesn't exist. Rather then calling them, write them a letter asking the same question so you have a written record of their response.How can I find out for sure if I have a traffic warrant?
Call the cop shop where the ticket was issued %26amp; ask them if there's a warrant out for you.
Contact the District Attorney's Office that had jurisdiction on your old case and see if they have anything. If the court and the DA's office both have no record, then you should be all set.



But as another poster suggested, get it in writing, make copies, keep one copy locked up back home and another copy with you when traveling out of the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment