Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How can I erase the data on my laptop fully and completely?

I am changing jobs and I have some personal files such as bank details on my office laptop which I need to return.How can I erase the data on my laptop fully and completely?
Head over to http://www.fileshredder.org/ and download this open source (Free !) program to select all the files you want and delete them with confidence.

Don't know which files to search where ? Is deleting your whole drive a possibility ? If so, just download a free linux distro, boot it up, and in a terminal windows use the command:

sudo badblocks /dev/sda -w -s -p 5 (needs some editing depending on your linux distro and laptop config).
  • AJAX in .net
  • How to make a fleece T-shirt quilt
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment