Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How best to cope with job change stress?

I left a position yesterday with a company that I'd been with for 7 years. I report next week to my new job, but having to switch and wrap everything up, along with all the goodbyes has been exhausting. I woke up this morning thinking about the place I just left. I want to make sure I stay focused on the new task as I'll need to perform right away. Any tips for a change like this? Any weblinks that you can recommend? ThanksHow best to cope with job change stress?
I force myself to change jobs every 18 months. That's so I don't get comfortable in a place and so I have new challenges to push me forward. It's natural that after 7 years you'll be thinking of your old job but don't let that stop you focusing on the new one. When you left you made a conscious choice and you have to remind yourself the reasons behind it everyday. Don't let fear push you back. It's natural that you'll take a few months to adjust but don't think people expect you to perform your best from the start. It will take a while to get on top of things but you'll get there. Try to learn as much as you can about the new place as soon as possible so you feel in control of the situation. Don't be surprised if you find you have to work long hours at first, in a while everything will become habit again and will seem easy.



Enjoy your new challenge!How best to cope with job change stress?
Just thinbk about all the great things that this new position is going to offer you/ more money? More time off? more responsibility? More chance at promotion?
Get yourself psyched up for the new Job. Look at it as a new challenge and the ability to learn new things. It's difficult to leave things that you are comfortable with and take on new challenges but thats how we learn %26amp; grow. Best of luck in your new position.

No comments:

Post a Comment