Wednesday, September 21, 2011

If Obama care passes how it will it stop you from getting medical treatment when where and how you want it?

you will still have the same insurance you have now. Your company won't be allowed to deny a claim that you have paid them to cover ( like they do now ), and you can use it in any state you want and keep it when you change jobs. How does any of it '; lower '; what you get. You will be getting a better service for your money. Is Rush saying something different?If Obama care passes how it will it stop you from getting medical treatment when where and how you want it?
A government bureaucrat will have to decide IF I can get it and I will have to TRAVELto the nearest facility where it can be provided and I will have to WAIT much longer to get it..



This is, of course, assuming the single payer system that Obama and liberals covet..If Obama care passes how it will it stop you from getting medical treatment when where and how you want it?
Its a dead issue now, just like the Global Warming hoax, and Cap N Trade
The Federal Government will not force me to buy anything. They can take their mandates and shove it.
Your getting as smart as the people in Brampton
The Government does not service anybody. You really do not have a clue do you?
By forcing me to buy insurance...

I don't want someone in the middle... someone telling me that I can or cannot have a procedure... That is why I don't carry insurance now! I don't want a large corporation between me and my health care provider... DO YOU?
No, it will actually enhance care for a lot of people.
It won't. Actually I will be able to get better health care most likely. Right now I am forced to use the low cost clinics, because I can't afford Health insurance, but I make too much money to get any kind of government health assistance.
it will add one more expense with very little in the way of return for me. but honestly, all you need to do is have just a bit of long-term perspective to understand the negatives...



quite simply, the program dis-incentivizes employers from offering private insurance. as my company struggles with all the new expenses on their end, they will likely reduce coverage or eliminate it completely in favor of switching to a government-backed program. thus, my ability to choose my care....on which you seem to rely to ';prove'; your point...will be gone. this is projected to happen within the first 7 years of the program.



in the past, I have changed jobs specfically because of the benefits package offered. as it will no longer be worth it for companies to offer excellent benefits, this will no longer be a ';selling'; feature to attract new quality employees. movement and mobility between jobs will stagnate as it has in every nation that has socialized care.



my ability to look for my own care will be crippled because of my higher personal tax burden. even you can understand that the more money I pay in taxes, the less I have to spend as I choose.



so once again, I suggest a broader perspective. relying on personal opinions and superficiality obviously didn't work last November...
Obummer care is soshulizm!! Kill the bill!!! Drill, baby, drill!!



Tell dah gubbermint, handz off my helth care!!
This stems from your first question, what freedoms are dems taking away. I seem to remember the dems being for a single payer, government run, health care. I was in the military and had an injury I tried getting fixed through the VA. After two years the VA doctor finally told me my best bet to fix my knee was to use my own insurance. My insurance company covered it even though it was a pre-existing injury, AFLAC wouldn't though. I shelled out over 800 dollars for the anesthesiologists. I spent 800 dollars so I could get it fixed because I got tired of waiting for governments free care. The VA doctor explained to me that private surgeons don't like VA clients because the government doesn't pay their bills in a timely matter, could take years for the doctor to get reimbursed. I used MY choice to go MY path and do what I wanted and needed. Under the single payer I wouldn't of had a choice but to keep waiting and waiting. Canada even has 6 months waiting list if not more now just for an MRI.



This is something the dems were and still are for,,, bad, free service. I prefer expensive good service.
Because socialized medicine works like this:



1. You go to the clinic, not the doctor. If it's serious enough, they will put you on a waiting list to see a doctor. (I have a friend who's father waited 4 months to see one for an infection in Scotland. My sil's mother loses a day's pay once a month to see a doctor in Canada since she waits, on average, 6 hours.)



2. When the 4 months is over, you get to see the doctor. It can be too late for tests, like my Scottish friend's father who was told that they'd have to amputate the foot to save the leg, or they will send you for tests---IF the government official decides that it's worth the money. My 82 year old father wouldn't be worth the money in the UK and, therefore, wouldn't qualify for any tests no matter how sick he may be despite the fact that he walks an hour a day on a treadmill at speed 4 with an incline of 3. Old people are going to die sooner rather than later so why waste the money? If you are worth the money, they put you on another waiting list for the tests, though, in Canada, dogs and cats can get a CT scan in a matter of minutes, not months.



3. Once the tests come back, IF you are worth the money and IF you haven't become seriously ill and/or died yet, you are put on another waiting list to go back to see the doctor. It might be a year now since you became sick.



4. Once you see the doctor, a course of treatment will be determined depending on the sickness AND what the government is willing to pay for IF it's willing to pay for anything and, of course, if you haven't yet died from your illness.



As for the myth that all insurance companies drop you if your company changes plans and you have a pre-existing condition, that's all it is, a myth. My husband's company has changed carriers at least 4 times since I've been on his plan and I've never been denied coverage, even with cancer. My sil, who had already started treatment for her leukemia months before, went on my brother's plan without a problem. She's grateful she wasn't in Canada when she got sick.



That doesn't sound like ';better service'; to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment