Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How can I avoid a colleague who is ill mannered?

How can I avoid a work mate who is ill mannered? We are both in management position and in same section. Sometimes I get so fed up I wish to change job, but I do not want to resign just for him... Any idea. Please help.How can I avoid a colleague who is ill mannered?
It depends on what you mean by ';ill-mannered';.



If you mean he discusses topics that you find offensive, or talks about people in a bad way, simply tell the person that you find that offensive and will not discuss it and move on to something else. Control the conversation by changing it. You can only be involved with a conversation if you allow yourself to be.



If it is something about their personal hygiene, there is not much you can do about it with an equal in the office. That is why the supervisors get paid more money. Let them take care of it instead.



If it is the way they eat, just smile to yourself and get over it. The worse manners they have the better it will make you look to your superiors. It may drive you up the wall, but it is not a grown up reason to leave a position.

No comments:

Post a Comment