Monday, June 6, 2011

Navy, jobs, october, new fiscal year ?

October, new fiscal year, is it more likely for jobs to be closed or open in the navy ?

If I can get the job that I want now but not on the ship date that I want, is it worth waiting till October ?



Let's say i'm trying to be shipped out asap but the job i want can only ship me June, 2010. Should I just wait for October or should I get the job and ask them to send and early ship for me ?



After I sign a contract and get in DEP how easy is it to change jobs if the jobs I want just open ?



Example; I really like the medical field and engineering. I wouldnt mind doing any of them since I don't have experience in any but they are jobs I wouldnt mind learning more about it. However I'm bias towards the medical and I signed the contract for engineering and still on DEP. How easy is it to change to the medical field after I'm in DEP for engineering ??Navy, jobs, october, new fiscal year ?
which is more important to you? being in the Navy ASAP, or holding out for a specific rating? once you decide that, you will know how to go into the Classifiers office at MEPS.



as for HM.. its is way overmanned and you will be waiting at least 6 months.. IF they even offer it to you. do NOT assume you can DAR and get it after the fact.Navy, jobs, october, new fiscal year ?
its possible that more will open, you have a better shot waiting till oct. always remember more jobs are available at the beginning of the month rather than at the end, regardless of what month it is.
It MAY be easier but remember that there are people in front of you in line that have already been scheduled for fiscal year 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment