Monday, June 6, 2011

How do I handle a promotion with no raise?

I was promoted to Team Leader at a well-known corporation two years ago. Although I have received the company standard 3%-4% raises since then, my pay was never bumped up to match my promotion. This isn't the kind of company where you can go to the boss and ask for a raise, even with documentation of all you've done and all your new responsibilities...they give raises once a year, at our annual Performance Review. Period. But that's not even the worst. The WORST is that, now that I'm managing a team, I can see their salaries...and I'M THE LOWEST PAID on the team I'm supposed to be leading! I'm pretty sure my ONLY option at this point is to change jobs. But I LOVE what I do, and I'd HATE to go through the job-hunting stress again. So I just want to make sure that a new job is my only option before I try it. Anyone have any advice?How do I handle a promotion with no raise?
I was in the same boat.

Given a management job but no pay increase. I step down and they got all mad. Told them, '; now you know how I feel';

'; If you want me to leave I will. It's no big deal';

They said '; no no stay. We don't want to lose you, but can you still do the manager job until we find some';

I told them..sure!!! I did the job for 5 months before I walked off the job.



Find a new job where they will treat you better.How do I handle a promotion with no raise?
Search a job website for your area, for example monster.com has a good salary watchdog on it.



Find what your salary is compared to what others in your field are making.



As well, your salary compared to others maybe based on how long you have with the company. Have they been with the company longer?



Do they have a special skill that needs to be paid for?



Once you find all that out, go find the HR ppl and discuss money with them--just remember to dress amazing that day.
  • give advice to shy people
  • howtowipecleancomputer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment