Monday, June 6, 2011

How does a single person afford to buy a home?

I make good money and I still can't afford a nice home. At least not in CT. But if I moved, then I would have to change jobs. How do people do it?How does a single person afford to buy a home?
God I don't know

I don't even know how married couples pull it off really



it's getting harder because the banks are getting really picky because of all the forclosures too



but you're right saving up 20% of a 200k+ house seems like an impossibility.... for the downpayment

and everything else



I've wondered over this same question many many timesHow does a single person afford to buy a home?
It is not dependent on marital status. If you have money and you can afford it in a state you live, you can buy it. Some married people with less income can not afford for example.



Check your credit history, check your borrowing power, check your monthly installment for the average house in CT and see if you can buy or not.

Otherwise, hook up with someone who is making more money and buy as a joint owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment