Monday, June 6, 2011

How hard is it to find work these days?

Just curious to know how you are all finding it to change jobs or get a new one or any job at all!

I've been on maternity leave and kind of lost touch with it all, especially with the way the uk is right now.

I'd like to work part time How hard is it to find work these days?
You can easily pick up a part time job at this time of year. High Street stores are recruiting for the busy Christmas period.



At the end of the day a job is a job and it's money in your bank account.



I had been out of work for 5 months until I got my job. I am working as Christmas temp for a retail store. There will be a good chance I will be kept on but if not at least I have gained some experience which is always good to have.



Good luck in your job search!How hard is it to find work these days?
i'm an italian student and when I'll be 18 I'll come in England to find job or study at university!!

Is it a good choice or not??



http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind
who said anything about jobs abroad?

but anyway i hear on the news that more and more people are getting good grades so universities are finding it hard to find people. So yes, but it all depends on which job. If you wanna be a cashier etc. its probably easy as long as you have a good cv!
It depends on your qualifications and where you're interested in working.



I'm having no problem at all finding miscellaneous work - retail, Starbucks, etc. Even in a recession, it seems these places have high enough turnover that they're always hiring. On the other hand, it's more difficult to convince a career-related company to hire you as entry-level when funds are tight.



I think the people having the most trouble, however, are top executives (because suffering companies are firing their management) and employees in manufacturing (due to slowing consumer spending.)



Positions in health care and financial advice look strongest (due to the aging baby boomers). Additionally, accounting is still strong (due to tightening regulations) as is engineering.



If you're in finance (like me), you should probably lay low for a while and avoid sniffing around for a job. If you're young, you'll be fine in finding something. If you're nearing retirement, talk to aforementioned financial advisor. :)





*edit: some of my answer was particular to the American job market.
Yeah its hard but not impossible, just gotta downgrade just a tad if needs must. I'm in the North of Ireland and things are very hard to say the least. I had to downgrade myself. Hard times indeed missus, once i was a hand picked building site skilled labourer the elite of the elite now i scrub out bottles used in veterinary research. Better pay at the minute because the building trade is dead but its really demeaning shitty work. All I'm saying is things are hard but be prepared to make the best of a bad patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment