Monday, June 6, 2011

How Should I Go About Changing Job Titles Without Having Worked the Current One?

I was offered a job at Target at 7.50 an hour for a sales floor position. Well, after looking at other job titles that I found for another Target location on Monster.com, I'd like to have a clerical position. I'd like to have the position of the operator that you speak to when you call Target, because it entails more office work, which I need more experience in than working as a sales associate. I haven't even had orientation yet, so I'm assuming I should probably tell someone before hand, so I'll be going to an orientation that is fit for someone doing clerical work. Should I call and speak to the manager to change positions (if possible) or should I just stick this position out, since I'm planning on quitting anyway.How Should I Go About Changing Job Titles Without Having Worked the Current One?
There isn't a reason not to ask. Contact the store manager or their recruiting department and explain to them that you have seen their other job listing and that you would like to be considered for the clerical position instead of the sales associate. Employers are generally pretty receptive as hiring staff is expensive and staff who like their jobs are much more productive. If they say no then you can always simply move on and find a job you would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment