Monday, June 6, 2011

Indecisive about changing jobs?

I recently got an offer from another company and I was almost ready to leave my present company because I felt I wasn檛 valued or appreciated but to my surprise my boss made a counter offer which is about $408 higher per month than the new company but the benefits are less. I had meetings with my boss twice in the last month and he told me he cannot afford to raise my salary but now because I檓 leaving and he realizes it is going to be almost impossible to replace me, he is raising my salary much higher than i expected. Should I be at alert? Maybe it's just a ploy to keep me on until they can find a replacement then sack me? Or maybe he is genuinely doing all he can to keep me? Is there a way I can protect myself against this? Or maybe I shouldn't be greedy and just move on to the new company and see how that works out. I would really appreciate advise as I檝e never experienced a high pressured negotiation scenario before.Indecisive about changing jobs?
just take it easy. don't rush into anything!Indecisive about changing jobs?
hi, i am sorry that i can't give you a concrete answer to your question but i may be able to raise some pointers like how long have you been with the company you are working with now? Do you know anyone form your company that was sacked coz of whatever? do you have a contract with your company? if so, how long is the contract? Does your boss have a reputation of not keeping his words?
assuming that this is the same kind of job with salary as the only difference. if the difference in salary is not that significant, i suggest to transfer to the new job so you have the feel of moving on. otherwise, you'll be stuck there forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment