Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I have changed jobs and i dont like it?

I recently moved to Wales and left my job in personnel. I really hate my new job and wish I could move back. How long should i give it before i move back.I have changed jobs and i dont like it?
I'd give it at least long enough that you feel like you can do the new job fairly well. At the very least, you can use the skill as a reference later. In the meanwhile you may find that it's not the job you hate, but the newness of your situation.I have changed jobs and i dont like it?
3 weeks, 3 months, 3 years??? Its up to you, if you hate it, don't wait at all. Move on and enjoy life.
at least a few months... you may learn that the things you don't like about your job are small things. You could find alot of things you like about it too. Even the people you work with could change your view of your job. Give around 3months so you can settle in.
You had a reason to leave your job in the first place. Going back to your old job may not be that smart and you will be seen as a loser. Try looking for a newer job, unless your old job is really nice and people there are like a family.
You don't say why you hate it. However, you have clearly made some big changes to your life, a move to Wales and a new job at the same time. Give things a chance to settle down. Starting a job isn't always a nice experience initially as you are out of your depth and everthing is so new, including the people. Give it a chance - ask yourself what it is you don't like and what can you do about it. I absolutely hated my current job when I started but now I love it - been there four years! Good luck.
Give it a few months. Changing jobs is stressful enough without the upheaval of moving as well. Give the place a chance before you do something you might regret later.



I do speak from personal experience. I left a job where I'd worked for 13 years and moved hundreds of miles away from my friends and family. Even though I was a grown man of 30, I was so lonely, depressed and miserable that I cried myself to sleep most nights. Three times I wrote out my resignation and three times friends back home persuaded me not to hand it in.



But gradually it got better. I got to know my colleagues and found that some of them were actually very nice. Gradually a built up a circle of friends and my confidence started to come back.



Twenty years later, I look back at that time and realised it was actually a stepping stone to what has been a great and fulfilling career
Maybe looking for another job where you are now would be easier, if not leave immediately, don't waste time being unhappy, lifes to short.
  • do my hair and makeup
  • how to get a girl with a boyfriend
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment