Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Can I change job while H1-B is pending?

I am waiting for the approval of my H1-B but I have the opportunity to move to another position within the same company, the same level but the required education is higher.

I am currently working under OPT that will expire in December. How can I handle that situation? Can I change my application before it is approved. Should I change job and then change the H1 when I get it after october? Should I wait until I have it and transfer it? Any information is welcome!

By the way, is the cap for master holder also reached?



Thanks!Can I change job while H1-B is pending?
I know you can't change companies.Can I change job while H1-B is pending?
check this link its good







http://workathomedetailss.blogspot.com/







.
The only way to ';change'; jobs is to find a new employer and have that employer get you a new H1-B visa.



An H1-B visa is only good for the employer who paid all the money, filed all the paperwork and did all the work to get it for you. It's not a license for you to job hop.
I think the cap for a masters holder was reached but you can check at uscis.gov, I am not absolutely certain.



I know it is a problem to change employers, but I am not sure if that applies to jobs. What if you were just 'promoted'? I have to think there must be a way, but I'm sorry, I am just not sure. YOu can ask at uscis.gov, but it might be worth asking an attorney.
You can't change companies but I don't see why taking a promotion would be a problem. You might want to call USCIS though just to make sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment