Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How to find meaning/fulfillment in boring job?

How do you find enjoyment and satisfaction when your job everyday is extremely boring and not challenging (except for going every day)? Or is it simply to be accepted that working at the same job day in and day out will eventually become boring and tiring?



I would change jobs if possible but as a recent college grad in a bad economy that's much easier said than done :)How to find meaning/fulfillment in boring job?
searching for a job is hard, especially if it's a long time since you previously did it! I was jobless recently, but I discovered the resource in the box below which is very helpful in so many ways. By doing as they advised, in a short while I soon got myself a job.How to find meaning/fulfillment in boring job?
Yes, unfortunately it is very hard to get into even entry-level positions now in skilled fields. I got laid off 7 weeks ago and a year ago returned to college. I am still fairly young so I have options.



With so many out of work, companies are hiring people who already have lots of skill who were laid off from middle+ level positions into entry level positions for much less pay. People are desperate to go back to work and companies know this. Wages have plummeted. What was once a $80K/yr job is now a $45K/yr job.



Sad times.



Good luck.
Most jobs are like what you describe; so look for a career move. You have your degree, so think outside the box for using it. Volunteer places and see what you can really do with your degree. You can't make your job more than it is; you may volunteer for a big project, or to work with someone you admire.
I try and enjoy the people, the people I work with, the people I deal with. If you're in a warehouse or something..... take up a hobby like drawing? That's what I do
  • advice on passing
  • wavy hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment