Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What do you think about the Security Forces Job in the USAF?

Well i just took my ASVAB Test for the USAF and passed but my scores sucked pretty bad.

The only thing that suited me the most is the USAF SF's. My recruiter said i can take the ASVAB again in 3 years and change jobs which most likely i will be doing.



But overall what do you guys/gals thinks about the Security Forces job in the USAF. How are the work hours, chance being

deployed to Iraq within your first term, etc.



ThanksWhat do you think about the Security Forces Job in the USAF?
Your going to get deplolyed...thats a fact, and a guarantee! Hours range from 12-14 hours a day on schedules like: work 3 days off for 2...work 4, off 3...work 2, off 3...every base if different. I leave for BMT on April 29, 2008...my guaranteed AFSC (job) is Security Forces! From what I hear, the job isn't for everyone, those who like it like it, those who don't just have to deal with it til their contract is up or they cross-train into another job.What do you think about the Security Forces Job in the USAF?
I love the job. Long hours, but it's a great career. And your chances of deploying are 100%.
Do you like getting shot at and dodging IED's? If you would like that for 3 or more years out of your enlistment then it might be for you. I would recommend taking time and going to a community college/Junior college and getting involved in the ROTC. Then you can get financial help through them and enlist as an officer with more options. You may even take some courses and decide the military is not what you want to do with your life. Don't ever take a recruiter's words at face value because they have quotas and deadlines they have to meet, so look into the info yourself. I'm pretty sure it's like every 6 months you can take the asvab.



P.S. You'd have to cut your hair too.

No comments:

Post a Comment