Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I am having a personal crisis, I need to find a job that fits me. Any ideas who could help?

My education is HS + 2 year associates degree in automotive maintenance from a tech school.



I worked as a mechanic for several years and hated it. I was also a computer programmer for 4 years and hated that!



I seem to change jobs quite often because they quickly bore me and I get really depressed about life because I can't find anything I like to do!



I consider myself to be very intelligent and have good common sense. I need a job that challenges me, but not with tedium (like computer programming).



I'm trying to figure out how I can go about finding a job that fits my personality and physical and mental skills.



I feel like I'm back in High School trying to pick a college major. I'm 29 now. I made great money as a programmer, but just hated the work (and work environment).



What I don't want is cubicles or office politics. I want something where I can be fairly independant and find something interesting about my job that will motivate me every day.I am having a personal crisis, I need to find a job that fits me. Any ideas who could help?
You sound like you need to be your own boss!I am having a personal crisis, I need to find a job that fits me. Any ideas who could help?
http://bestcashrewards.com/affiliates/t.php?rid=1252

this place is for real its not a survay thing its real and its REAL GOOD MONEY
I have a background in Automotive Engineering and a Computer Science Degree. Today I do not work in either. If you are anything like me you are a type A personality. I work for myself now and am the boss. Start your own company. Maybe while you are starting you will still need to work, but you will know that it is only temporary. I changed jobs a lot too. With 3 degrees now, it is funny to look back. Education is important, but it does not define you.

Good luck!
Why not do something for your country?

Working for the Federal Government is very rewarding: the possibilities are vast. There are hundreds of job series and thousands of open jobs.

I檇 direct you to www.USAJOBS.opm.gov: it檚 got a great career assessment tool at http://www.usajobs.gov/careers/index.asp.

That tool will at least give you an idea as to where you should direct your search.

Also, let檚 say you want to go back to school: Try http://www.studentjobs.gov/e-scholar.asp which lists apprentices, scholarships, grants, etc., which are available through the government.

Finally, try http://www.teachforamerica.org/ for a program for teaching in low income communities. There are lots of programs like that: Peace Corps for example. That's REALLY giving back. It檚 just a thought.

The world is your oyster! Plan it out and make it happen!
Visit www.nycareerzone.org. You can do a quick self assessment to see what types of careers you would enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment