Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Changing jobs and my boyfriend is moving, so stressed.?

Any advice on how to cope with the stress of my boyfriend moving overseas coinciding with my changing jobs this week? I am so anxious and stressed and starting to flip out just a little. I'm also prone to depression and am wanting to keep myself out of a funk but I'm nervous about that too.Changing jobs and my boyfriend is moving, so stressed.?
Well, you're gonna miss him, that's a given. But you can't prevent depression if its something that you are prone to. One thing that I've learned about depression, is that you have to go though the tunnel to get to the light. It's all about how long you stay in that tunnel. The anxiety and stress is totally normal. You have to let go or this is going to drag you down into a depression state that you don't want. You don't have to let this guy go as a friend, but it's hard enough to keep a relationship in tact while living in the same house, better yet holding onto a relationship where you have the ocean between you two. Letting go is so hard to do, I know! But you have to make your mental health your first priority and the rest will come to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment