Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How can I find business clients for whom to consult on the topic of employee incentive or commission plans?

I have created very successful commission plans for three companies for whom I have worked. It is not my full-time job, and I don't want to change jobs, but I would like to help more companies grow through the joint efforts of all of their employees.How can I find business clients for whom to consult on the topic of employee incentive or commission plans?
I would still tell you to create a plan for what you're looking to do and go for it. Now it's a plan for what you're looking to do--- a vision, mission, objectives, strategies and action plans. It will help you even if you don't want to go into business. (I work with executives all the time to help them create business plans for their careers/departments/etc)



Having said that, a few months ago I worked with an HR professional for 1 hour. I recommended that she read the book the Emyth Revisited, then create a one-page plan and then place a free ad on CraigsList.



I've seen that work before; as a start of a business when someone has a job.



Well, of course she went directly to Craigslist and her description wasn't clear enough. So she got calls, but they were real ';cheapo';s. If she had done it right, she could have gotten better results.How can I find business clients for whom to consult on the topic of employee incentive or commission plans?
Try writing it up in an article and submitting it to trade publications....Or, create a blog about it at eblogger.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment