Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Changed Jobs - Holiday Pay / daily rate for untaken days for a salaried worker?

I have just changed jobs. On leaving my old job, I had 7.33 days of holiday which I had accumulated but had not taken. My old employers have agreed with me that the figure is 7.33 days, however they have calculated the pay due differently to me. They have simply taken my salary and divided it by 365 (days of the year) and then multiplied this by 7.33. Surely this is wrong, surely it should be salary divided by (365 - 104 (for weekends)) and then multiplied by 7.33. My contract only states that my official working hours are Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm and that holidays are accumulated on a monthly basis. There is no specific clause relating to exactly how much holiday pay you should/will get. The difference between my calculation and my ex-companies calculation is about 拢350, so I would like to ensure the calculation is fair and correct. Any advice on thsi would be very much appreciated.Changed Jobs - Holiday Pay / daily rate for untaken days for a salaried worker?
Calculate the hours you work annually and divide that into your annual holiday entilement that will give you the amount of holiday per day worked.Then add up the days you have workes and multiply by your daily holiday figure and then subtract the days you have had and that will give you the holiday entitlement multiply that by your daily rate less any bonuses and thats how much they owe youChanged Jobs - Holiday Pay / daily rate for untaken days for a salaried worker?
Ask them to explain how and why they have come to that decision and if it is still unsatisfactory to you - seek legal advice.
I think you're right there. They're trying to pull a fast one.



If you only work 5 days a week you can't then be told you have to use holidays to cover weekend days because you're leaving.



Thats ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment