Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How to ask for a raise even if the job is too easy?

I was hired as an office manager for a company from another state. However, the pay is so tiny compared to the position. Then on the other hand, the job is so easy and limited to very small task that I feel guilty for wanting a raise. However, the owners told me if I needed part time help I could hire someone. I know I don't need that helper so do you think its unethical I ask for at least half of what a helper would have cost them? I use to make twice what I am making now at other companies I've worked for. I don't want to change jobs but I find this is hurting me financially to stay at this pay. What do you think?How to ask for a raise even if the job is too easy?
I would talk to them about a raise. If I was the boss, I would want to keep you.

If he is willing to pay for a second person and you can do all the job yourself, then you are worth extra money.

go for it, you sound like a good worker.How to ask for a raise even if the job is too easy?
Quiting is defiantly an option but if you really dont want to go to your boss and be like ';im having some money problems and i know i can do more work here so can you give me a raise and if thats to much can i have more work so i can get more pay'; you no something like that



Good luck
i was in the same position a few months ago. I had a lot of work, but then one day work slowed down and i literally did nothing but play on myspace all day. BUT I asked them for a raise and they gave it to me. Dont feel bad asking for it. Especially if your last pay raise (or start date) was over 6 months ago.
do you have a review coming up? i would ask then. its not unethical though. you can state your position mention you really love it there but financially you ight have to make a move if this pay wont go up. They are entitled to Not give the raise but at least you can state your point and look for another job or an additional job. i think its worth a shot definitely!! also dont negotiate a raise until they agree to give you one. in other words dont say ';can you give me half of what a helper would cost'; wait until its a definite yes to the raise alone then negotiate it, then you dont hit them so hard all at once!!

No comments:

Post a Comment